Wednesday 23 May 2018

Everyone Has Struggles, So Don’t Stigmatize Yourself

a post by Mosab Alkhteb for the Tiny Buddha blog



From a psychological point of view, my childhood sucked.

I didn't have many friends, I rarely left the house, I was terribly shy, and I used to get bullied a lot, both physically and mentally.

My teenage years weren't any different. The psychological issues I had as a child amplified further and created more profound problems.

When I started college, I didn't magically become more confident or develop high self-esteem. I was almost the same person.

Now, I proudly (and humbly) can say that I've gotten over most of my childhood and teenage problems, including the ones related to my social life.

But I'm not here to tell you how I did that. That would probably take a book. And trust me, it's not as glorious as I wish it were.

Instead, I want to tell you about one factor that made all the difference during my journey of change and development.

One factor that made my journey tolerable at times. Without it, I would have given up.

Continue reading

Believe me it will be worth all the time you spend working through the ideas.


No comments: