Monday 9 April 2018

8 Tips So You Don't Lose Yourself In Your Next Relationship

a post by Aska Kolton for the Tiny Buddha blog


“Never lose yourself in a relationship. Love your partner fiercely, but always follow your unique dreams and desires. Be true to yourself.” ~Unknown

All my previous relationships drained me.

Not only because I was with the wrong men and kept trying to make things work where there was no way, but also because I was a queen of justifying, accommodating, and compromising.

I accommodated men because I wanted to be liked and avoid rejection.

I justified their lousy behavior because I wanted to be in a relationship and not be alone.

I compromised on my values and romantic ideals just to have someone in my life.

On the surface, I was an independent woman, strong, fierce, and full of energy and opinions.

When it came to relationships, I'd lose my power and myself completely in them.

Continue reading


No comments: