Friday 9 February 2018

Shocked that Your Spouse Left? Here’s the Secret to Recovery

a post by Martha Bodyfelt for the World o Psychology blog

I’ve been thinking a lot about a growing trend in divorce – one that seems to happen right after the holidays.

The case of spouse abandonment, aka when you thought the marriage was fine and you were looking forward to your future together, and then POOF! Your spouse, out of the blue, says those shocking words…

“I’m leaving.”

“I want out of this marriage.”

“We both know this isn’t working (but you didn’t know!). I’m moving out.”

“I want you out of the house. I don’t want to be married to you anymore.”

It’s devastating when your spouse ends things without warning, especially when things seemed good to you and there had been no signs that something was wrong.

But here’s where it gets sticky.

Continue reading


No comments: