Tuesday 15 January 2019

When You Love an Addict: 6 Things You Should Know

a post by Julie K Jones for the World of Psychology blog

All relationships go through ups and downs. It’s normal. They are made up of two imperfect people trying to make it work together. But when you add addiction into the relationship it takes those “normal” ups and downs and turns them into a wild rollercoaster that leaves you feeling like you are barely hanging on. The good times provide you with just enough hope that you start to believe it really is going to get better. But then a bad time comes and you aren’t sure what to do.

If you didn’t love them, it would be easy to walk away. But you do, so you feel at a loss of how to handle the situation.

Continue reading

I have to admit that the setting of boundaries was the hardest to do. And I still, after nearly 40 years, find myself covering for him at times.
And I neglect my own self-care.
Maybe I need to print our the six suggestions and pin them on the wall in front of me. 



No comments: