Tuesday 9 October 2012

Chancellor announces new tax-advantaged employee ownership regime

via Out-Law News (legal news and guidance from Pinsent Masons)

Employees could be given shares in their companies in exchange for giving up certain employment rights under plans for a new type of employment contract announced by the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Full story

Hazel’s comment:
I would be somewhat concerned, as an employment adviser, about employers having the right to choose whether to offer the new contracts of employment to new employees from next April. The devil will be in the detail but if it is a case of accept this package or get lost ... !
And as an employer I would be worried about control of my company if I have owner-employees who could potentially get together and oust me from my position as managing director.



No comments: