Friday 8 February 2019

Clean Your Room & Other Dumb, Simplistic Advice

a post by John M Grohol for the World of Psychology blog

Clean Your Room & Other Dumb, Simplistic Advice

Every year, I notice a new set of self-help gurus come on the scene. Their well-intended recommendations are usually repackaged life advice that I can trace back to early 1900s authors and researchers. Some tips go back even further than that.

Of course, if simplistic, dumb advice worked, there’d be very little need for psychologists, therapists, and life coaches. “Oh, thanks for letting me know that all I needed to do was to pull myself up and use pure willpower to stop my addiction. That’s super helpful!”

Let’s take a look at some of the dumb, simplistic guidance being offered to people nowadays.

Continue reading and get the reality check!


No comments: