Tuesday 6 March 2018

How to Accept Anxious Feelings So You Can Let Them Pass

a post by Benjamin Fishel for the Tiny Buddha blog


“Don’t try and save yourself. The self that is trying to be saved is not you.” ~Mooji

Three months ago I had a strange experience.

It wasn’t strange in that it had never happened before. It was strange in that it was unexpected. Unexpected in the way a hiccup comes up out of nowhere to interrupt a meal. No, actually, it was more unexpected in the way a sudden illness overtakes a period of health.

Just for a bit of context, over the last six months, I’ve generally been the calmest I’ve felt in years – maybe even my whole life. But recently this has come with a strange side effect. When negative emotions do arise, as they inevitably do, I’m sometimes even more reactive to them than I used to be.

So three months ago when I woke up abruptly in the middle of the night with a ball of anxiety in my chest it was, well, unexpected.

And my mind immediately kicked into overdrive.

Continue reading

Hazel’s comment
So long as I don't have to try and get into that classical meditation position. My replacement hip does not accept it (not that the old one managed it at all easily).



No comments: