Friday 1 December 2017

How to Identify Your Emotional Triggers and What to Do About Them

a post by Kerry Campbell for the Tiny Buddha blog


“Awareness is the birthplace of possibility. Everything you want to do, everything you want to be, starts here.” ~Deepak Chopra

Ever wonder why some people respond in the same destructive way over and over even though they keep getting the same bad results?

Many of us can relate to having unhealthy coping mechanisms and responses to things like stress, fear, or other agitating emotional states. Often, we are unaware of the subconscious processes going on and we may, for example, instinctively reach for an alcoholic beverage at the end of a long, hard day, never realizing we are setting ourselves for an addictive pattern that may one day claim our health, or possibly our life.

I know this was certainly my situation. But, I was unable or unconscious of how to get out of this pattern of behavior – until I learned to identify my emotional triggers and re-route my unhealthy habitual responses.

Continue reading

Been there, done that, lost the t-shirt and learned a lot on the way.


No comments: