Sunday 31 December 2017

Forgiveness: Letting Go of Negative Energy

a post by Suma Chand for the World of Psychology blog

Part One of a two-part series on Forgiveness.



Growing up, I recall being someone who forgave easily. I had never given any thought to forgiveness or what it meant, until I began to realize that being so forgiving was not working out too well for me. I had people taking me for granted, being disrespectful or taking advantage of me. I found myself getting frustrated, angry, upset and unhappy.

I realized that there was something wrong about being so forgiving. I changed tack and went into the mode of being more unforgiving. That seemed to work, in so much as I lost a number of troublesome people from my social network, bringing me some kind of a troubled peace. There were some situations in particular that made me unhappy and confused. I was not so sure about being unforgiving was the right way to go, yet forgiveness did not feel quite right either.

Continue reading

Part 2 is here




No comments: