Tuesday 19 September 2017

Take a Chance: Don’t Let Your Inner Saboteur Hold You Back

a blog post by Melissa Pennel for Tiny Buddha


“’It’s impossible,’ said pride. ‘It’s risky,’ said experience. ‘It’s pointless,’ said reason. ‘Give it a try,’ whispered the heart.” ~Unknown

On my first day back in college, I sat on a bench outside a classroom and wrote in a tiny notebook. Glancing around at the young students lining up, my sunglasses slid down my nose as I hurriedly scribbled the thoughts buzzing around in my head.
“I’m afraid of being unprepared. I’m afraid of not being smart enough. I’m afraid of being left behind in the coursework. I’m afraid of giving up like I did last time.”
As evidenced in that journal entry, I was pretty terrified to be back in school.

Continue reading being aware that the writer is writing about education in the USA. This does not detract from the meaning you can take from the story.


No comments: