Wednesday 13 March 2019

Don't Let It Beat You: How to Find Your Fighting Spirit When Life Gets Tough

a post by Monica Castenetto for the Tiny Buddha blog


“Sometimes, life will kick you around, but sooner or later, you realize you’re not just a survivor. You’re a warrior, and you’re stronger than anything life throws your way.” ~Brooke Davis

No matter how positive we are, how healthily we live, or how much kindness, generosity, or fairness we practice, sh*t happens. To all of us. And suddenly, we find ourselves juggling more balls than it seems humanly possible to juggle.

I’ve had my share of this:

When my father died, suddenly, in my twenties. When I was lost in a bottomless depression for two years, in my thirties. When I had to undergo neurosurgery to remove a brain tumor, in my forties.

It seems that I got one ‘biggie’ like that in every decade of my adult life!

They knocked the wind out of me, plunged me into unspeakable darkness and despair, and brought me face to face with my worst fears.

I know what not knowing how to go on feels like!

Continue reading


No comments: