Saturday 14 October 2017

Thanks, TfL for making a tube map for the anxious like me

via the New Statesman by Eleanor Margolis

Have you ever had one of those tube journeys where, delayed in a tunnel around fifty metres below ground, with the driver squawking in static about signal failures or a euphemistic “person on the tracks”, you start to wonder if reality is a toaster made of pencil shavings, and you’re being born backwards into oblivion over and over and over again?

If the answer is anything close to “yes” then, like me, you probably suffer from anxiety. And, also like me, crowded trains are likely to focus your panic into a toothpaste tube of pure, gut-dragging fear. So, you may be interested to know that Transport for London has published a new tube map specifically for people like us.

Continue reading and view the Tube map showing tunnels. This is the only place I've seen it. I've been up and down the TFL website without success.


No comments: