Sunday 29 October 2017

7 Reasons to Abandon Your Comfort Zone and Why You’ll Never Regret It

a post by Elliott Pak for the Tiny Buddha blog


“Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” ~Jack Canfield

Imagine with me for a second. You wake up, roll over, and blindly reach to hit your alarm to start the routine of the day. Make the same thing for breakfast. Maybe go to a new coffee place…nah. Same place. Go to work on the same route to the same job you've been at for years.

and so it goes on

“The safety of my comfort zone was what was holding my growth and happiness back.”

The points which Mr Pak makes are all elaborated. I know he is right. I am sure he is right. I am not sure that I can follow his lead.
  1. All development comes from outside your comfort zone, especially from failure.
  2. You'll discover passions you never knew existed before.
  3. You'll become more open-minded and understanding, making you appear wiser and more intelligent.
  4. You'll gain clarity once you ditch mindless comfort-zone distractions.
  5. You'll become a more confident and sociable person.
  6. You'll become a better storyteller without even trying.
  7. You'll discover entire worlds you never knew existed before and the communities that go along with them.
Continue reading


No comments: