Wednesday 18 October 2017

How to Befriend the Unknown

a blog post by Margarita Tartakovsky for World of Psychology



We fear the unknown. Which is why we stay in bad relationships, in jobs we hate and in other situations that are not good for us. Because what if the alternative – the nebulous, nameless alternative – is worse?

We find comfort in the familiar – even if that comfort isn’t very comfortable. It’s the known, and the known feels as cozy as an old, tattered and torn sweater, even if it keeps us cold.

Continue reading

My comfort zone is not comfortable. It has not been comfortable for years but like many people I have reasons (perhaps they are just excuses) why I stay. I can happily tell someone to get out, but I am unable to do it myself.

Do as I say not as I do!!!


No comments: