Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Care leavers and university

via icould by admin

Find out about the range of support available if you’re planning on going to university after leaving care.

Going to university after leaving care can seem like a big step, but there is a lot of help you can get to find your feet. Some is provided by the government and some by the universities themselves, but the most important thing to do to access it is let them know you're a care leaver by ticking the correct box on your UCAS form when you make your applications. This will help institutions to contact you with further details of the exact support they can provide.

Continue reading to get information on

Student finance including a Local Authority bursary of £2,000 for care leavers, which does not have to be paid back.
The National Scholarship Programme offers financial support to university students from certain backgrounds, including students who have been in care.


Student services

No comments: