Thursday 12 March 2020

How to Know If Hidden Low Self-Esteem Is Holding You Back in Life

a post by Carly Ann for the Tiny Buddha blog

You can try it all – exercise, a bubble bath, a relationship, a promotion, and everything else that you think will make you happy. I have come to learn those things will not give you the kind of happiness you desire until they coincide with you knowing your worth.

At my unhappiest times, my eyes were wide shut to the truth – I had low self-esteem. I never considered that the lingering feeling of being stuck was coming from a lack of self-worth. Instead, I thought if I could control what was going on outside, it would fix the inside. Believe me, I gave it my best shot.

I spent my latter twenties with a certain level of awareness that my needs were neither valued nor met. I was doing what I could to be as happy as possible, and yet I was haunted by the thought “this can’t be it”.

Continue reading Please do. There are lots of ideas about how to break out of the mould you have created for yourself.

Labels:
self-esteem, self-worth, relationships, comfort_zone,


No comments: