Wednesday 25 September 2019

That Big Life Change Won’t Be Satisfying If…

a post by Gabrielle Garrett for the Tiny Buddha blog


“Nothing changes unless you do.” ~Unknown

In the fall of September 2017, after one of the longest summers of event planning I could have imagined, I quit my job.

As I proudly exited the workforce to pursue my creative talents as a writer, I looked confident and excited on the outside. Yet, in that moment and for the years to follow, I was terrified on the inside.

Even though I’d exited my cubicle walls, head held high, the boundaries, fear, and rules of the office environment followed me around daily for over two and a half years.

I was now my own boss, but I still had the same anxieties as I did when I was reporting to a superior, such as the fear of getting reprimanded for leaving early to work on my writing. I still got jumpy when I would attend a yoga class during “business hours,” or when I’d work on a passion project past 5:00 P.M.

Maybe you’ve had something similar happen in your life, where you’ve changed circumstances on the outside, but on the inside something still just doesn’t feel right.

Continue reading

Oh my. Been there, done that one. "Everything will be OK when ... I start the new job, I get the promotion I deserve, I can afford to buy a house, my personal debts get cleared etc, etc, etc!!"


No comments: