Thursday 27 September 2018

Our Shame Does Not Have to Silence Us Unless We Let It

a post by Lauren Darlington for the Tiny Buddha blog


“Empathy’s the antidote to shame. The two most powerful words when we’re in struggle: me too.” ~ Brené Brown

There is so much power in giving yourself a voice; in choosing to use that voice for truth; in giving life to the secrets, judgment, and shame you keep hidden away. “Me too” can change someone’s life.

I learned this firsthand almost a decade ago. It changed my life, and it’s changed countless others around me.

I gave my shame a voice and she was loud, strong, and bold. She brought light to a secret others would have preferred I kept. She brought comfort in my struggle. She brought wisdom in my pain. She began what would be a lifetime of courage, speaking up, and going first. She started it all.

Continue reading


No comments: