Tuesday 7 August 2018

Made a Big Mistake? What to Do Instead of Beating Yourself Up

a post by Bryn Bamber for the Tiny Buddha blog


“Note to self: Beating yourself up for your flaws and mistakes won’t make you perfect, and you don’t have to be. Learn, forgive yourself, and remember: We all struggle; it’s just part of being human.” ~Lori Deschene

When I was in twelfth grade I took a World Issues class and learned about colonization, child soldiers, and how some children, by no fault of their own, had a much more challenging life than I’d had. After that, I wanted to help but wasn’t sure how.

Then, at age twenty-three, I was hired at a non-profit organization where I had the opportunity to work with teenage girls in prison. Finally, I had a real opportunity to help and I wanted to be perfect.

It was my dream job. I was excited. But then I made a big mistake.

Continue reading


No comments: