Thursday 23 November 2017

How to Stop Dwelling: A Simple Practice to Let Go of Anxious Thoughts

a post by Kimberly Diaz-Rosso for the Tiny Buddha blog


“Change your thoughts and you change the world.” ~Norman Vincent Peale

We all encounter times in life when someone says or does something that offends us. After the fact, no matter how hard we try to let go of feelings of hurt or resentment, we might find it hard to move on.

I know, I’ve been there before myself, mostly when I wished I'd told people how I really felt in certain encounters, or when I doubted what I said or did and then replayed past events over again in my mind.

I am a reformed people pleaser, and as a result, I haven’t always expressed my honest feelings to others.

More times that I can count, I felt self-conscious and anxious while approaching certain people and situations in life.

Continue reading

A simple practice? Nobody said it would be easy. Remember to breathe is simple, I know how to do it going round the four sides of the square in 16 seconds. It is not easy within the context of a panic attack!


No comments: