Friday 27 July 2018

Shine Your Light: You Have More to Contribute Than You Think

a post by Marlena Tillhon-Haslam for the Tiny Buddha blog


“Express yourself. There is nothing to fear. There is nothing to lose. There is just you being lived.” ~Marlena Tillhon

Writing is one of my biggest passions. I have always wanted to be a writer. But I have a fear of writing. Or so I thought.

I see writing as self-expression. It is an act of bravery to me. Allowing others to see my inner workings feels scary to me because I could look incompetent. They might think I'm wrong. They might think less of me. I could be ridiculed and not taken seriously. I may get rejected and feel humiliated. “Who do I think I am?!”

The “Who do I think I am?!” sentence often comes to my mind whenever I try to express myself in writing. It often stops me.

Continue reading


No comments: