Tuesday 26 June 2018

How I've Learned to Free Myself from Depression When It Hits

a post by James Leatherman for the Tiny Buddha blog



I’ve battled depression for most of my life. In my younger years, it gripped me pretty frequently. I was first hit with suicidal thoughts at the age of fifteen, and it scared the bejesus out of me. I was young and dumb and had no idea what was happening.

When I was twenty-five it hit again. This time, however, I understood the cause. I was getting divorced, and my entire life was in turmoil.

It was at this time that I decided that I was going to do something about it. So, I dove into the world of personal development. I read every book I could get my hands on.

The following are some realizations I’ve had about depression and what's helped me break free from it. This may not work for everyone, but perhaps there’s something here that can help you.

Continue reading

There are some really useful ideas in there. The one I hadn’t really realised was about money. I am so much more at peace now that I have more income and less outgoings. Yes, it has been a sacrifice over some things but on balance it has been good.
The eleven years between me reaching 60 and getting my state pension and unemployed hubby reaching 65 and getting his were a version of hell continually juggling food against heat. Taking buses because they're free with my bus pass when train is so much quicker but costs!



No comments: