Thursday 29 December 2011

Rude word censored – but definitely muttered under my breath

about the British Journal of Educational Technology

Those readers of long standing will know that I read or, more truthfully, glance at the table of contents, with abstracts, for a large number of journals.

I will then either:
  • mentally discard the information as not relevant to careers practitioners (the majority of what passes before my eyes);
  • send an email, or cut and paste the URL, into my blog’s drafts folder for later posting (sometimes gets discarded at this stage; or
  • write, using paper and pencil, the journal title and the page number so that I can request said journal to read the full article on my next visit to the British Library.
The system works well until you try to open a journal at page E117 to read “What fantasy role-playing games can teach your children (or even you)” to discover that there are thirteen items which are not included in the print version of said journal.

Fortunately the British Library has the electronic version but, to be honest, by this time I have lost interest in what I thought would be interesting!


No comments: