Thursday 1 December 2011

Away from my desk – or absent without leave?

Blogging has been, to say the least of it, very light this week and the drafts folder has more items held over than for a long time.

Reasons, maybe I actually mean excuses, include:
  • not working at full stretch last week because of "viral infection of the upper respiratory tract" – which left me marking up items without actually writing them up;
  • clearing up the mess from partner who decided that some DIY was required on the wall (I simply could not work with the room in that state);
  • spending time at Online Information 2011 at Olympia; and
  • going to a party on Wednesday with KashFlow accountants and users (lots of interesting networking so could be called a good reason but I don’t do late nights and travelling across London at gone midnight was not a good idea).
Hopefully I'll be back to working at full capacity  next week. Unless him indoors has decided to do something even more disastrous in which case I may have to go to the library to work and simply ignore the state of the house!! The perils of working from home when partner does not understand that work is an activity not a place.


No comments: