Wednesday 11 April 2007

Welcome

Hallo

I'm Hazel and this is the first "posting" on the new Information Weblog from ADSET. If you're not sure who or what ADSET is then you may like to visit the website www.adset.org.uk to find out (but be aware that I'm in the process of updating it - when I can get some help from my hosting service about downloading ALL the data not just some of it).

One the more prolific "bloggers" I've been reading, and studying, recently wrote that: "If you take less than 20 minutes to write a posting then you're not doing it properly". To which my mental response was "twenty minutes?" in an astounded, questionning tone. I now realise that, for the sort of "provide you with lots of advice and information" postings, twenty minutes is actually quite a short period of time. This Weblog (and my trainer in doing this insists on Weblog not Blog) is going to be much more of the "here's something I read at such-and-such a website which might interest you, the careers information manager, and this is why I think it will interest you".

I do not intend that this should take the place of the regular ADSET Member's Update because:
  • I know that most readers appreciate the readability of print output; and
  • this Weblog is publicly available whereas Member's Update is an entitlement of membership (and is just one of the benefits that have been paid for).

No comments: