Sunday 5 October 2008

Copyright's Paradox: brilliantly argued scholarly book tackles free speech vs. copyright

via Boing Boing by Cory Doctorow on 17 September

Among copyfighters, Neil Netanel is rightly hailed as one of the most important writers and thinkers in the field and his latest book, Copyright's Paradox, cements that reputation.



Netanel is a scholar, and he brings a scholar's comprehensive, wide-ranging perspective to copyright, but his writing lacks all the worst characteristics of scholarship – that is to say, it's not boring, confusing or abstruse.
Well worth reading Cory's post

Hazel's comment:

I've not read Netanel's book but I trust Cory and you trust me so there you go! Down to the local public library (or check the online catalogue – as one does) and hopefully you'll be able to reserve it.

I've checked the British Library catalogue and it's "on order" so maybe by the time I go to London in a couple of weeks it will be in.

No comments: