Monday 25 June 2007

Finance: Job site

I was wrong (not for the first time)!

When I initially looked at GetaFinanceJob.com I thought that OnRec had over-hyped the description so I left the post in draft. I went back to it today and revised my opinion.

Yes, there is a lot of overlap in the "subject list" (I've left today's vacancy numbers in so that you can see what I mean)
  • Finance Jobs (3413)
  • Audit Jobs (416)
  • Banking Jobs (990)
  • Accounting Jobs (3413)
  • Consulting Jobs (67)
  • Graduate Jobs
  • IT Jobs (6)
  • Insurance Jobs (4)
  • Legal Jobs (3)
  • Marketing Jobs (2)
  • Taxation Jobs (109)
Yes, the language grates on those of us who don't much care for "Americanisms" taking over the English language


Check out your salary to make sure you are in the right ballpark salary wise.

Yes, the careers advice is very similar to the advice available on other sites (check your salary, write a good CV etc) BUT ...

... go to the links and you find what, for me anyway, was one of the most valuable things about this site. Web addresses for a range of financially-related professional bodies, FTSE100 companies, the top accountancy firms of 2006, government departments and quangos, and lots more.

Thanks to OnRec.com for this.

No comments: