Saturday 19 May 2007

New website will help thousands unhappy in their jobs

OnRec, the online recruitment forum, pointed to Careershifters.org. OnRec's article is written in a somewhat more "hypey" than is usual for ADSET so I asked Dawn to go and look.
The site has a strong emphasis on motivation and self-help, so I'm not sure that "validity" is too much of an issue. Expert advice is given by "career coaches" but again seems to focus on helping people to get moving. The advice given seems pretty straightforward. It's very clearly written and is inspirational without being cloying. I like the way the site is organised. It is simple to navigate and invites browsing.

I checked it myself and found:
a) that it was VERY slow to load (using an ADSL connection before 7am when connection speeds are usually good).
b) terrestrial address information is given (based in Islington) but not the company information as required.
c) I could not find a privacy statement.

Overall judgement: "worth a look and directing your clients to - if they're into self-help but it's not for everyone".

No comments: