Wednesday 2 November 2016

Digital hoarding

I was reading an article in “bulletin“ number 193 from the Information and Records Management Society which led me to thinking hard.
I admit to being a hoarder of physical stuff, not to the extent that environmental services have to come in to clean out the rubbish of years but …
Do I really need three shelves devoted to glass beads that I will probably never use in my lifetime? And all those jigsaws really should go to the charity shop etc etc

Anyway I thought the idea of digital hoarding was sufficiently interesting to go and hunt out anything I could find on the issue.


The Coming Cure for 'Digital Hoarding'
The next revolution in storage technology will be “context awareness”
an article by Shawn Dubravac on Recode

Confession: I’m a recovering hoarder. I’m actually great at purging, but I do it in rare spurts. I have a hard time parting with things I think I might need, even when I know I’ll never use them.

We all know I’m not alone in this. You’re a hoarder, too. In fact, when it comes to our digital files, most of us are hoarders. Technology has the ability to forever change how we relate to our hoarded digital junk.

Continue reading

If you have any interest in hoarding as a mental health issue then you may find an article from the Anxiety and Depression Association of America of value.

Hoarding: the basics


No comments: