Wednesday 30 December 2009

There must be a better way

I am, as is frequently the case, sitting in a Reading Room at the British Library. I am also muttering, under my breath of course – this is a library and the silence is palpable. On this occasion I am muttering about Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor – such a useful publication if only …. Is that the saddest phrase in the world? Maybe, in another context. In this context it’s just an annoyance.

Why do I have to be sitting here reading about measures agreed by the various legislative bodies in the UK during JULY? It’s December now. A November issue would be reasonable or even October (OK, a bit out of date but might highlight something I'd missed elsewhere) but July?

I'd probably be less annoyed at the tardiness of news that is no longer new six months after the event if this wasn’t by far and away the best commentary on activities in Westminster, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Stormont with regard to Children's Services!


No comments: