Sunday 17 May 2009

Guilty as charged

Hazel Edmunds accuses herself of not following her own advice and pleads guilty to said charge.

My advice to friends, colleagues, and anyone else who will listen, is to shut domestic, social and family problems firmly outside the door when you go to work. Even if work is the corner of the dining room you still have to go to work in a frame of mind that says “I may not be in an office but I am at work”.

Distractions have included getting a “new to us” dog and helping him settle in, supporting a friend going through a messy divorce, doing complicated things for the craft group at the church youth club plus general domestic issues which seem to have triggered another bout of mild depression (headed into that initially following bypass surgery three years ago).

Anyway, I am determined to get life under control (how many times have you heard me say that?) rather than letting it control me.

No comments: