Monday 24 November 2008

Hackosis Brute Force Calculator – just how secure is your password?

via The Red Ferret Journal by Nigel on 4 November

The Hackosis Brute Force Calculator tells you how long your password will last against sustained attack. The results will probably surprise and scare you a little. Especially if you're relying on simple memorable passwords to lock away your online stuff.
Think again.
Think *($&£^"_8/>~'#89*&$*&

Better to be safe than sorry so check it out here

Hazel's comment:
1.22 days is too long for a hacker to try to break in, surely? Do you think I ought to change that one? The one mistake I do not make is to use the same password for everything, unlike some people I know. I needed, genuinely needed, to use someone else's password to get into a site to check something and was blithely told"you know it". Oh dear wasn't quite my reaction.

No comments: