Friday 19 September 2008

UK facing up to global economic challenges

via Department for Work And Pensions on 17 September

There are 333,000 more people in employment than a year ago despite global economic challenges, according to new figures released by the Office for National Statistics today.

Read the full press release

Hazel's comment:

"How are you doing today, Britain?"
"I'm fine, thank you for asking," says Britain in typical British fashion gritting her teeth against the pain!

What I really want to know is how many of those 333,000 people that are in employment that weren't a year ago (putting it that way is a travesty of statistics but you know what I mean, I hope) were born in the UK. It seems to me, and it's a gut feeling, that if you tie in the number for people out of work and the number for people in work then you'll get a very different answer today from the answer that you would have got a year ago. It would need a better statistician than I ever was, let alone am, to arrive at the answers. And someone with more time than I've got at present.


No comments: